Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I want a little Candy Darling.

Candy Darling was the definition of glamour. The Andy Warhol superstar was a sensation in the 1960's and early 1970's for being involved in such major cult classics like "Woman in Revolt" and " Flesh". I fell in love with the blonde beauty during my Warhol obsession in high school and right then and there I was hooked on everything that was Candy Darling. Darlings looks and natural talent was so ahead of it's time. Her iconic beauty has been an inspiration for not only myself but for so many who were taken by her extravagant beauty and demure. I would have loved being roommates with Candy Darling in 1968.  It would have been all about boys, eyelashes, and gowns.

Here are some lovely tributes to Candy Darling.

The amazing magazine Candy. A wonderful publication that celebrates individuality. They turn it out with the covers.

The cover of Antony and the Johnsons album "I am a bird now" A breath taking and personal photo of her on her hospital bed.



Hollywood Glamour


"I have always believed that
socially unacceptable men
make much better lovers
because they are more sensitive."




"As a child I learned to don the mask when the occasion called for it.
 (Later I learned to don the wig.)"


Candy Darling

1944-1974


No comments:

Post a Comment